Re: Any UK listers out there?<038301bd830c$81a71960$423428c3@frankenstei

To: Jason <chinn@easynet.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Any UK listers out there?<038301bd830c$81a71960$423428c3@frankenstein>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 11:22:05 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK

>I've been lurking for quite a while now and wondered just haw many UK
>readers of the list there are?

Hmmm, there's quite a few here holding up the British end!!! :-)  Just be
careful with Leon Guyot or he'll sell your soul to the TSSC! :-) :-)

>Are there any triumph newsgroups or lists for the UK triumph enthusiasts?
>I'm at the moment planning the re-start of my seven year old project and am
>looking for some inspirational photos of a Vitesse MkII Convertible
>(preferably in non-standard yellow)- that's a Sports Six to the Americans-
>why was it never called the Vitesse in the States? I know the Triumph
>Acclaim name couldn't be translated into German because it came out as a
>Nazi slogan- Seig Heil, definitely not 'PC'.

The 'Triumph' Acclaim couldn't really be translated into a Triumph!!!  For a
start it was reliable, didn't leak oil, and was economical!!! :-)  Actually
after saying that, I've had no real problems with my Spit lately(except for a
4th broken verticle link!!), also fixed that leaky front oil seal, and the mpg
has gone up a bit, I'm getting about 32-34mpg at the minute, it did go down to
about 27mpg although that was after constant 80-90mph thrashing so that was my
fault!!! :-)  On the subject of PC, was calling it a Spitfire and then selling
it to the Germans PC???? :-)  That's a bit like selling dark sunglasses to the
Japanese!!! :-) :-)

>Jason
>'71 MkII Vitesse Convertible, in bits!

Rich
Northampton
'73 Spitfire MkIV in bits but roadworthy.........just!!! :-)