Re: Herald Help

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: Herald Help
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:50:14 -0400 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, John Gillis wrote:

> >To: "Chris Leah" <crl@intekom.co.za>
> >
> >>Lastly, (for the moment anyway), I need to restore the fascia and was
> >>thinking of spraying it with a semi-gloss black paint. Would this be OK or
> >>is there some better method?
> >
> >     There was a white coloured fleck running through the dash colour,
> >you might want to take this into account when painting. It was more a matt
> >finish to my mind.

John, I think the "flecked" dashboard was only found on the very earliest
(maybe 1959 only) Heralds. I'm not sure if the change in finish coincided
with the "realignment" of the switches and knobs, but by 1960 the dash was
more or less just flat/matte/semi-gloss black. (At least those I've seen
here in the States!)

--Andy