Re: TR6 Z-S Needles Unstuck

To: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 Z-S Needles Unstuck
From: "James H. Davis, Jr." <jhdavis@fiac.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 19:51:56 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mike,
Remove the damper cap, suction chamber top cover and air valve ( be careful
not to spill the oil in the air valve). Press the needle up gently and insert
the allen wrench and turn it clockwise (enrichen) until the bottom of the
brass boss is flush with the bottom of the air valve. Re-assemble the parts
and you should be in good shape.
If your engine is stock, you shouldn't need to adjust the needle more than
one turn in either direction.
Good Luck,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA