Re: TR6 wheel bearings

To: "Keith S. Ehrlich" <kehrlich@dyax.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 wheel bearings
From: jmwagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 14:10:08 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Keith.... I'm not sure I agree with number two here...

You should do exactly what was described, but WITHOUT the felt in place...
then... remove the nut... keeping track of how many turns are made... remove
the wheel, install the felt... and reinstall, returning the nut home, the
same number of turns back... and then follow the cotter pin directions.

If that makes sense...

If you try to do it with the felt in place... it will not give you a true
reading... and only a few miles down the road... the bearings will be
loose....

Please let the group second this motion or maybe just "pay no attention to
the man behind the curtain>" if that's the case.

--Justin