TR3 Steering

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Steering
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 21:00:34 -0700
Back in 1908, when I was just a wee lad, my first car was a TR3B (okay,
so maybe it wasn't 1908 - they say the memory is the second thing to
go). Anyway, I don't recall the steering on my '3 as being particularly
"heavy".

In my ongoing search to replace that '08 TR3, I've recently driven a
couple of '59s. On both cars, but especially on the one I drove today,
it seemed that the steering wheel was VERY hard to turn. Handled okay on
the road, but maneuvering at slow (parking lot) speeds was quite
difficult.
Has memory faded, have I been driving power assisted cars for too many
years, or is it really that hard to turn the wheel on a TR3? If it's not
supposed to be that hard, what's anyone's best guess as to the reason
for the difficulty?

Thanks, everyone. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Michael Ferguson