Generators

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Generators
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 19:31:49 EDT
Hello listers
I would be interested in knowing if there is some way to "bench-test"
generators using a multi-tester and a drill/motor to spin the things.
I have a number of generators in hand and wish to determine whether or not
they are functional. If they are I would carry one with me on longer jaunts,
just in case.

On my way back from TRF Summer Party a few weeks ago, the generator on my TR3B
suddenly died about 100 miles from home. I was fortunately, carrying a spare
and got home OK. But it seems even new/rebuilt ones go out with alarming
regularity, and I will definitely pack a spare in the future.
Thanx in advance

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B