Re: Engine Stand for TR6

To: steverohal@phoenixat.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Stand for TR6
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 19:28:02 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-08 18:35:42 EDT, steverohal@phoenixat.com writes:

<< Will be rebuilding my TR6 engine. How much does the block weigh? Will a
 stand rated for 750 lbs. work OK? Want enough headroom weightwise to move
 the thing around to clean, etc. PepBoys has stands rated at that range
 pretty cheap, I don't want to invest more than I need to - one time event
 etc.
 Your thoughts appreciated!

 Steve  >>

Hello Steve
something  to think about besides weight rating: get one shaped like an
lopsided
H with 4 wheels, NOT one shaped like a T with only 3 wheels (i'm talking
about the shape of  the base frame)  You'll find it much more stable and
easier to roll around - and it'll have a weight capacity  in excess of  what
you need.
Cheers
Jack Mc