RE: "Triumph World" Magazines on eBay

To: JTRippel@csi.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: "Triumph World" Magazines on eBay
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 07:44:19 -0400

> Bruce,
> Found your listing on eBay.
> I am not familiar with the Triumph World magazine.
> What time span do the issues cover?

They are bi-monthly starting in 1995, so I believe they go until
early this year (hard to say since the magazines are at home)

> I am a TR3 person.
> How applicable are the issues to restoring a TR3?

Depends.  "Triumph World" is more of a show magazine rather than
 a "how-to" magazine.  There are a lot of feature cars - pretty
pictures and the story behind the car, articles and editorials
from noted Triumph authors and former Standard-Triumph-then-British
Leyland employees, running reports from people driving their cars,
Triumph history articles, worldwide club information and event
reports, and gobs of ads and classifieds (most from the UK).  It
it published in the UK.  If I had to rank it versus an American
publication, it is the equivalent to an "Automobile" for only
Triumphs.  There is minimal technical content.  It does feature
good color photographs of restored cars, so one can see what it
should look like.  It also features all Triumphs, so the TR3s are
mingled in with TR6s, Dolomites, Heralds, etc.  All in all, it's
a great magazine for the family room table, but not the garage.

> Appreciate your response so that I can consider a bid.
>
> Thanks

Your welcome!

Bruce Clough