RE: '75 parts for a '79?

To: "'Thorn'" <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: '75 parts for a '79?
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 09:24:56 -0500
Harve,

None of the parts will interchange, you'd better let me take the parts car
from you.. :-)

Seriously, most of the mechanical pieces will swap.  I'm not exactly sure
when the Spit went from a mechanical tachometer to the electronic (sometime
in the '75-'76 time frame), so the distributor may/may not swap.

Basically the differences will be in the interior trim (seat cover patterns,
carpet colors, etc).  The basic block/head/trans/driveshaft/diff/axles and
the brakes will be the same.  The front and rear suspension pieces are the
same.  The doors, trunk lid, etc.  Glass too.

I say that based on your being into driving the car and not maintaining
exact concours appearance.  Through the years the vendors changed... or
changed the design of their parts.  Functionally they're the same... the
appearance may be slightly different.

Jim