Spitfire: Spare wheel cover panel help

To: Spitfires Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfire-Enthusiast Mail List <spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com>, Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire: Spare wheel cover panel help
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 08:41:33 -0500
Hi Again,

OK, so call me cheap. I've decided this part is easy enough to make. If
it turns out mediocre, that's okay - no one sees the darn thing anyway.

I plan on cutting the circular panel from masonite and fabricating the
metal bracket that attaches to it. I don't have the old one, so I'm
wondering if anyone out there has this piece and is willing to give me
the dimensions of the panel and the small metal bracket.

The small metal bracket *was* in a bucket of small parts I got with the
car, but I thought it was a part from the PO's blender or something. The
lesson here is: Don't throw ANYTHING away!

Thanks in advance,

Vic

--
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500 <*> http://www.enteract.com/~vmichael/

 "There will come a time when you think everything is finished.
                   That will be the beginning."

                         (Louis L'Amour)