TR6: Master Cylinder Woes

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6: Master Cylinder Woes
From: "Richard W. Leopold" <rleopold@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:06:29 -0400
Last month I noticed a new puddle on the garage floor near the rear of my
car. Further investigation revealed that of of my wheel cylinders was
leaking fluid. I decided to replace all rubber parts in the brake system.
All was replaced without incident until I got to the master cylinder.

Try as I may, I cannot get the MC to maintain pressure in the system.
I've tried conventional bleeding and used an Easi-vac without success.
When I replaced the seals in the MC, the secondary piston dropped right
to the bottom of the bore without any resistance when I replaced it. I
used a Lucas/Girling kit and replaced as everything as specified.

Tomorrow I will remove the MC and try bench bleeding (I didn't do this)
and see if it will make any difference.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Richard