TR4 steering column, turn signal/OD switches

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: TR4 steering column, turn signal/OD switches
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 03:17:04 -0700
Cc: KTRIUMPH@aol.com, kstewart@wwdc.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I'd bet the switches are just reversed in the column itself. The
mountings are identical on either side. I don't think it's possible to
put the column in upside down. The channel covering the wiring on the
bottom would prevent rotating it in thedash.

A couple times recently I had the good fortune to travel to England and
learn to drive "on the wrong side" ( I expect a response from our
international listers). While I couldn't find a TR to rent, all the cars
I did had all the pedals and switches in the same location as LH drive
cars, EXCEPT for the #%$(ing shift lever, which I nearly tore out of a
brand new Ford trying to learn to use. (The next rental was an
automatic)

At least it's easy to spot the tourists there: they are the ones going
the wrong way around the roundabouts, or stepping off the curb looking
the wrong direction.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602