Re: What is my TR4A Steering Wheel?

To: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What is my TR4A Steering Wheel?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:51:11 -0400
Bill, This is the info I really needed!  Wow.  I figured that the steering
wheel is a desirable item.  I have never seen one fitted, so I knew
they were scarce, and since it was a period dealer installed piece,
I also figured it would have some value.  I am not planning on selling
it however, so its value is purely academic.  I must say, it is probably
in better condition that any other part of the car.  I think it is nearly
perfect.  The finish is nearly perfect (a couple of dings out of plain
view, and the aluminum and plastic are perfect.  Les Leston, it is!
Thank you for the info, again.

Anybody else on the list have a Les Leston wheel?

P.S. what is "Bond Equipe"

-Tony

Message text written by William Davies
>Hi Tony,
    Your steering wheel is made by "Les Leston", a well known British
manufacturer of aftermarket accessories and tuning goodies.
    The "LL" steering wheels are quite desirable, changing hands at upto
100 pounds in the UK (only if in good condition with all fitting
components OK). They were widely fitted to British classics, and were an
original feature on at least some versions of the Bond Equipe (so almost
an original Triumph fitment!).
    The Formula steering wheel which some listers have described is a
much more recently available item - I believe they might still be
available new. The "LL" logo is an absolute identifier on the Les Leston
wheels,
    Hope this is of some help,
        Bill.

<