Re: What is my TR4A Steering Wheel?

To: "INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: What is my TR4A Steering Wheel?
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 19:29:09 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com
>Attached is a picture of the steering wheel on page 35 of Thomason's
book.  Hope this help you some.
<

Hey NEAT!  You must have a digital camera!  I have been waiting until
the price comes down.  Your effort was very useful.  Thanks so much!
This steering wheel looks very similar to
the one I have except the one I have has only 4 holes in the spokes.
Mine might be a smaller diameter.  Or maybe the resemblance is
only superficial.

The area where the spokes join on mine is also a little different
In the photo, the spokes join and form a sharp angle.  On mine
the join is radiused to a curve very close to the radius of the
flare ar the spoke meets the rim.  The hub itself is the same.

The steering wheels are otherwise VERY similar.  Does
your book say who supplied/made them?  Joe Curry says
that the one in the picture was made by "Formula".  The
double L logo on mine seems to indicate a manufacturer
with two words in the name and each beginning with "L".
OR, the model name of the wheel itself is L--- L---.

Very interesting question.  I wish I had a scanner or
a digital camera to show you all the one I have...

-Tony