Re: Engine Rattle

Subject: Re: Engine Rattle
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:10:27 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
This is possibly due to a loose timing chain.  Maybe the timing chain
tensioner is not doing its duty, or, more than likely, has disintegrated.  I
found parts of mine embedded in the #1 connecting rod bearing, after it
broke and pieces went through the strainer and through the oil pump, as
unbelievable as this may sound!  You should take the timing cover off and
check it out.