repost clutch and head question

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: repost clutch and head question
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:20:43 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Sorry if this appears twice.  I tried to post it last night with a different
mail program and it never appeared.

My new clutch plate has a sticker on it to the effect of "remove protective
coating from spline and apply suitable lubricant.  None of the usual Triumph
sources discuss lubricating the spline and I am hesitant to slope grease
that closed to the clutch plate face.  Anyone care to suggest a "suitable"
lubricant?

Also, while looking in that vicinity, I notice a threaded hole in the upper
left (sitting in car) rear of the head.  I can't remember what went in to
that hole.  It may be a clean out galley, which was simply plugged, but I
hate to stick a plug there if it has some other intended purpose.  Any
suggestions?

kengano@advant.com
downstate illinois
1959 TR3A TS57756L