Re: TR 6 AM FM RADIO

To: Cliff Davies <ads.holzher@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TR 6 AM FM RADIO
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:29:04 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>I have an original am/fm radio that was in the trunk when I bought the
>car. I would like to install it to keep the car original. Strange thing
>is there are three wires coming from the caseing black and green with a
>plug and a red? Which is what?, was there one or two speakers in stock
>set-ups? can anyone help, I don't want to accidentally fry the thing.
>Thanks in advance,
Chances are the black is ground, red is positive and the green is speaker.
(the black and green with the connector will be speaker and the black is
also tied to ground).  I'm afraid that the ones I saw were only monophonic,
not stereo hence only one speaker output would be used- hopefully someone
else on the list will confirm-

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire