Re: MKIV harness question

To: <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MKIV harness question
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:19:56 EST5EDT

>       In the left rear wing there seems to be a group of connectors
> (spade/lugs) for all the wiring continuing to the tail / license plate
> lights. It appears to be for something to plug in and act as a jumper to
> continue the power to the end of the line. Was there something on later
> model cars that plugged in here?

I think you have found the semi-mythical dimming relay. My EARLY MKIV (FK4084L
Dec. '70)
didn't seem to have it ...or even a place for it in the wiring harness. Its
main function
was to DIM the taillights when the headlights were on at night. As if they
wen't dim
enough already... maybe '72 only?
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate