Re: SPIT: UK late 1300 cylinder heads

To: Bill and Sal Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Re: SPIT: UK late 1300 cylinder heads
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:55:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Hi,
    Your post about the different cylinder heads on MkIV Spitfires rang a bell
from somewhere. Off the top of my head, there was a change of some sort to the
MkIV engine at number FK25000, which may have related to the cylinder head, or
possibly a cam change. I don't have any documentation to hand which backs this
up, so don't take this as a definitive answer.
    I did however check the John Kipping parts catalogue, and he lists two
different sizes of inlet valve for the MkIV - one is 1 1/4 inch diameter, the
other is 1 7/16 inch diameter. This corresponds to the head change I was
thinking of.
    Hope this is of some help,
        Bill.

--