Re: TR4A fan

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A fan
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 05:54:48 -0700
My 4A, CTC 73951L, had a four blade metal fan when I got it. I have no
reason to believe that this was not original but, again, can't vouch
for that.  (It now has an electric fan.)

My (original) factory parts book shows that the 6 blade fan was early
fitment on the 4A, with a switch to a 4 blade at some pont in the run.
That is, the parts for the six blade are marked "Fitted up to Engine
No. only" and the four blade "Fitted from Engine No. and Future".
Unfortunately, the numbers are not filled in!

But there is still confusion, because the four bladed fan is described
as plastic, and uses a different version of the fan extension and fan
mounting hardware... the blades have rounded tips (where my fan
has square ends on the vanes, as I recall).