Re: TR4A fan 4 or 6 blade?

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: TR4A fan 4 or 6 blade?
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:03:05 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Yes, but Page 1-206 of that manual  (fig 12) shows the
>  "modified radiator" and incidentally pretty clearly shows
>  a 4 blade fan.

Righto.  I saw that - just didn't mention it in my e-mail because they (the
radiator and the fan) are two separate pictures on the same page.

>  I know this does not answer the questions.  Unless there was
>  some clear benefit to a 4 blade fan, I doubt my father would have
>  specified an optional fan.  We did not live in a particularly
>  warm region (rust belt) or a particularly cold one either.
>  (N.E. Penna.)

Makes sense.  Your reasoning is that the 4 blade was standard because he would
not have ordered an optional 4 bladed fan.

>  I bet the 4 blade was either standard, or was used until
>  the near the very end.  IMHO (VERY VERY HO).

Makes sense also.  Since I am involved (in a minor way) in the Concours
standards for the TRA, I'm hoping that we will eventually solve this issue.

Thanks again, Tony.  Cheers.

Art Kelly