Re: Surprise!

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Surprise!
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:27:15 -0700
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm Walker wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

> Sure, but what happens when you phone the sub-contractor, he says "oh,
> that's gonna take a day or two", you have them start the work... Upon
> seeing the job: "Hmm, maybe a week", you phone him a week later, he says
> "I'm sending in a pro to do it right, will take another week".
>
> Can you plan for that on a chart?  Nope!

Sure you can,  For those things that are done in the subcontractor's
shop (engine, tranny, fuel tank work, etc) you just double the projected
time and let them do them at their leisure.  However, as with most
things, you can never anticipate the unexpected and will always have
things happen.  But the majority of things will probably work out.

Joe

--

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer