Re: Surprise!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Surprise!
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 09:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Joe Curry wrote:

> This is a good testimonial for a flow chart schedule.  Lay it all out as
> you would if you were scheduling subcontractors in building a house.
> That way everything is done on a schedule and you don't have things
> getting jammed up.

Sure, but what happens when you phone the sub-contractor, he says "oh,
that's gonna take a day or two", you have them start the work... Upon
seeing the job: "Hmm, maybe a week", you phone him a week later, he says
"I'm sending in a pro to do it right, will take another week".

Can you plan for that on a chart?  Nope!

So a warning to fellow listers:  gas tanks can be a real bear to fix.  I
don't think the Moss slushing kit could have helped my tank.  Don't count
on the first estimate given!

-Malcolm