Herald/Vitesse Conversions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Herald/Vitesse Conversions
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:22:15 EST5EDT
I have an odd little question for you Herald/Vitesse folks out there.

While I know that in general, these cars are quite rare, do crazy people
attempt the same
kind of conversions that Spitfire owners do? ie: How much work to put a Spit
1500 engine
in a Herald? How about a 2L or 2.5L 6 in a Herald or Vitesse? Anyone ever see a
Rover V8
Vitesse? A V6 Herald?

I came across this question while researching my Spit 6 article. I'd love to
include a
section on this topic. I know there's a bunch of kit cars in the UK based on
these
chassis.

Could anyone give me a rundown of exactly which old Spit GT6 bits in my
basement might
fit a Herald?

You don't wanna know why....  ; >)

Chris Lillja