Re: TR4A Restoration

To: Shawn Loseke <SLoseke@vines.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: TR4A Restoration
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 22:02:57 -0700
Cc: Ct54531@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Listers,

All this discussion of the increasing number of blades on TR fans
through the years, leads me to wonder... is this the real reason the TR
series ended? Was there an engineering problem with the 32 blade fans on
the TR9s? The 64 blade unit on the TR10? The 128 blader on the '11?
Perhaps the front apron would drag on the ground at higher RPMs due to
the suction of all those blades. Maybe the suckers ripped off the front
of the engine and shot through the radiators. Or, the cars ran too cool
and underheated. At the rate they were sprouting blades, they were
looking at haundreds, even thousands just a few models in the future!
Hey, wasn't that about the time they invented the turbine engine?

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602

--