Re: TR4 Seat Rails

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Seat Rails
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:04:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Brad,

The seat rails on the early TR4s are different.  You can see the difference
in the Moss catalog or TR4 Parts Catalogue.  They had a little black, round
plastic knob on the handle that was located on the door side of the seat
towards the front.  The seats were the same as late TR3A and TR3B with a
round back instead  of square.  They did not tip forward like the late TR4s
and TR4As but one seat back was hinged..... can't remember which one was
movable.

I loved these seats on my original TR4 from my youth.  They grabbed you by
the butt and held you better for fast driving.  My long range plan on my
"now" TR4, which has TR4A seats in good shape.... is to retro back to the
early seats with leather when I do a major redo on the interior.

If you get more that one set out of your search let me know I'll take them
and store them.  You need the seat tubs, the coil spring seats and the
rails.  A late TR3A/B parts car my be a good source.  I thought one of the
three majors had some of these parts... but pretty expensive.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com