GT6 extra rich choke issue

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 extra rich choke issue
From: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:06:55 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all,  I'm having a little problem with the GT6 choke and thought I'd bend
the ears (ouch) of the list on this one.  The manual choke on the GT6 didn't
seem to do much other than GREATLY richen the mixture, so per the manual, I
adjusted the 'fast idle cam' that the choke cables actuate when pulled.
This did solve the idle, but the beast is still so rich when choked that it
dies almost instantly.  Am I missing something or is there some way I can
decrease the 'choked' richness a tad?  Of course I know chokes are designed
to richen the mixture at cold start, but I don't think this much!  Comments
appreciated!

TIA,

Scott Decker
70 GT6+ KC79034L