British Invasion

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Invasion
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:12:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Anyone who lives within a days drive of Stowe, Vermont and didn't attend the
Saturday Concours at the Stowe British Invasion
(http://www.britishinvasion.com/main.html ), missed one of the best all
British car shows in the East and possibly in the country (not that I have
anything outside of the Northeast to compare it to!). Saturday was a top 10
day with blue skies and temperature in the 75 - 80 degree range. As a
result, I'd estimate that there were between 400 and 500 cars in attendance.
Last year it was more like 200 cars (they had 623 pre registered per their
web site) but it was raining and about 45 degrees! MG probably takes the
prize for largest number of cars with Triumph close behind. Besides all the
usual Triumphs there was a TR250 with a Ford 302 ( are you listening Dan
Masters?) stuffed quite nicely into it. The row of AH3000s stretched on for
about 40-50 cars and the Canadian minis were there in force, as was Jaguar,
Lotus, Sunbeam, Bentley & Roll Royce (Ok so they're not LBCs). Land Rover
conducts a show within the show with 30 year old Land Rovers competing
against brand new Range Rovers over a hilly course that resembles a roller
coaster ride. It was loads of fun watching "Buffy and Chip" discover what
the road warrior they bought is really capable of doing. The car corral was
loaded with some 40 - 50 beautiful, and not so beautiful LBCs . The parking
lot was a show within itself with probably another 100 or so LBCs out there.
I ran into a few people from the list including Joe Merone just back from
his 1000 mile loop from Burlington Vermont, to Lime Rock's Vintage Fall
Festival, to NJ for 6 pack and finally back home to Burlington and then on
to Stowe. This event is easy to remember as it's always the 3 weekend in
September. Put it on your calendar for next year. You won't be disappointed.
Bob Danielson
75 TR6 - status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD