Re: Spitfire: Somewhat urgent help needed

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>, "Spitfires Mail List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "Spitfire-Enthusiast Mail List" <spitfire-enthusiast@makelist.com>, "Triumphs Mail List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire: Somewhat urgent help needed
From: "Tony Childs" <tochilds@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:21:17 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
If it is the diff, you can get a used unit from Ted Schumacher at TSI.  He
quoted me $350 pkus shipping earlier this year on a 3.89 to 1 diff for my 72
Spit.  He will warrantee the unit as well.  He says that rebuilding the
diffs is just not economically feasible.  He must be right, because you can
get a rebuilt unit from the "Big 3" suppliers, but the prices start at $700.
I was able to get a used diff from someone on this list.

Anyone out there have a diff for Victor?

Tony Childs
72 Spitfire - FK38809U
64 Spitfire - FC42218L