Re: TR4 splash panel

To: MRobe33243@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 splash panel
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:06:07 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998 MRobe33243@aol.com wrote:

>       There is supposed to be a sheet of plastic mounted inside the door
> between the stampings and the operating mechanisms presumably to keep them
> protected from rain. don't know about ssplash panels.

To me, a "splash panel" IS a "sheet of plastic mounted inside the door
between the stampings and the operating mechanisms".

Thanks.

I will probably put my piece o' plastic on the outside (like an american
car) with some acoustic sealant and be done with it; I'm not to anxious to
remove the guts of the door at this time.

If anyone knows of a better substitute for acoustic sealant (used in house
construction for vapor-barrier... we called it duck poo), I'd like to
know.  It works good but is messy and sticky.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm