mixing wheel widths?

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: mixing wheel widths?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:58:41 -0700 (PDT)
I've put the 4 straightest wheels out of my collection of 5 onto my TR4 so
that I can drive it.  However, I notice that the straightest one (the
ex-spare) is wider than the rest!  I'm not sure how much wider (will take
a trip to tire store to find out), but in the meantime, is it unsafe to
drive with mixed wheel widths?

I don't intent to do anything silly until I get 4 matched wheels.

Can I put my 165R-15s on TR6 wheels and end up with the same rolling
diameter?  Or are they too narrow?  (hope not, the tires were a good deal)

-Malcolm