Re: TR6 diff on TR4A

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 diff on TR4A
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:04:18 -0600
And vice versa. 15 years ago I needed to replace my '69 TR6 diff and
luckily I still had the diff out of my '67 TR4A IRS parts car, which had
been long disposed of. I did NOT change back covers, but I did have to
use the TR4A mounting hardware. Everything worked well for the 2 more
years that I had the car. So, I would imagine that you wouldn't have to
change the back cover for a TR6 to TR4A transplant either.

Dave Q.
Neuhorst, SK

Absotively. Sarah sports a TR6 diff at the moment. Everything *except
the back cover* just bolts up - you'll need to put the 4A back cover on
the 6 diff case. (I found this the hard way - after I had painted and
sealed the 6 diff...)