Re: Triumph - Yokohama

To: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph - Yokohama
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:06:52 +1000
At 4:34 AM +1000 26/9/98, Bud Rolofson wrote:
>Anyone running Yokohama tires or have any opinions on how they handle, ride,
>etc. on a TR6?
>
>Also, I know we had a recent thread about tires and changes in speedo readings
>and I thought somebody sent out a pretty good table of that kind of
>information.
> What are the combinations or width/aspect/size that won't change the speedo
>readings?
>
>Thanks
>Bud 71 TR6 CC57365

Bud

There were new Yokohama A-345 205/70R15s on my TR6 when I bought it last
year.  I am not particularly impressed.  Nothing in particular, just a bit
harsh and a bit slippery in the wet.

A tyre dealer suggested Pirelli P4000s as the best available in that size.
He said that they were fitted to the current Jags.  They were about 10 per
cent more expensive than the Yokohamas.

I cannot say from experience that Pirellis would be better, but I would try
them if I could , however I just cannot justify replacing four tyres after
about 4000 miles.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U