Re: The Barron's car? What is it?

To: richard bacon <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: The Barron's car? What is it?
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 09:46:02 -0700
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Rick,
    I've never actually seen an episode of "The Baron", but the opening
sequence with "that car" played an important part in my formative years. The
car is a Jensen CV8 (not exactly an LBC, unless it means LARGER British Car)
, forerunner to the Jensen Interceptor, basically a restyled Jensen 541 with
a BIG American V8. Bodywork is fibreglass. They're not exactly common here
in the UK, but I see a few around the show circuit each year. If I remember
correctly, it was at the time (early 60s) the fastest car tested by one of
the major Motoring magazines here in the UK. I long promised myself one of
these, then I decided to marry a woman who thinks they're ugly!
    Regards,
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by: