Laguna Seca Historical Races and LBC racing question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Laguna Seca Historical Races and LBC racing question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:01:03 -0700
Hi,
   I attended the Monterey Historical Sports Car races at Laguna Seca in
August.  It was exciting, but disappointing from an LBC standpoint.  Except
for the occasion Morgan, there were no LBCs.  Porsches dominated the event,
with the Spyders providing the best show.  Of the pre-WWII cars, only the
winners of the two races were really pushing and looked it.  Most of the
others were out for a drive.
    The Godfather of Laguna Seca racing (Steve Earl ??) doesn't think they
are "historically significant".  Bad attitude, I'd say.  It's a shame, too.
 The track is great, with a hill and some interesting turns.  I'm wondering
where one goes to find Triumphs, MGs and other LBCs track racing -
preferably somewhere in California.  Does anyone know if there is a
national organization that puts on such races?
   Thanks.
John Cowan