leon has found his way back to dan masters home in alcoa

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: leon has found his way back to dan masters home in alcoa
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:20:13 EDT
This morning, Leon left Tom & Linda Long's home in Blacksburg, Virginia...
Filled up with gas/petrol and immediately after leaving the gas station,
noticed the temperature gauge was indicating a water temperature in excess of
Hot, shortly, very shortly, thereafter, steam was seen issuing forth from the
general area of the Right-Hand front headlamp...
Stopped immediately at nearest facility, ie: Honda Blacksburg!, unfortunately,
as today was a football day at Blacksburg,(home of Virginia Tech), all the
mechanics were at the game.
I tried, in vain, to open the hood from hell, but it would not shift, whatever
we tried...
(yes I tried ALL the suggestions on the VTR web site) but to no avail...
Once I had spoken with Dan Masters, and the car had cooled off, I drove it
slowly, and carefully back to Tom Longs home and the car was parked in a
neighbours garage...however, on pulling into his driveway, the cooling system
let go BIG time, and there was so much steam that nothing of the garage or
house could be seen!
Judging by the smell of rubber and antifreeze, my experience tells me that the
upper radiator hose has well and truely blown...which is strange as they are
apparently relatively new items? (the green ones)...it could be the cap, but
even I cannot fix something that I cannot get at.
Thanks to fellow lister Tom Long's supreme kindness and trouble, I returned to
Dan Masters home in Tom's Mazda B2300 pick-up TRuck...but I'd rater have been
driving the TR6, especially on such a splendid day!
Dan will go up to Blacksburg on Monday next to fix and collect his
TR6...mention of a small but selectively placed thermonuclear device has been
made in order to release that stuck hood/bonnet!!!
I am sure that we will discover what actually happened from Dan in due course!
(Inquiring/Enquiring minds need to know!)
Best Regards
Leon F Guyot
(ps.I fly back to England:20 degrees F colder than Tennessee, tomorrow!)