Re: valve adjust

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: valve adjust
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 19:16:48 -0400
Cc: Andy <amdixon@erols.com>, isaac@avana.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> > 5. repeat this process until all valves are adjusted.  always set the
> >    valves, except overhead cam engines, .002" loose. rattling is cheaper
> >    than burning valves.
>
>   However, if you leave the valves loose you lose lift and
> duration, which costs you in V.E.
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
> Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
> ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
trevor youdon't lose enough lift to compensate for the bad things that
happen to the valves if they go tight.  remember that the rocker ratio
on the brit cars is not consistent between rocker arms. on a godd day
the consistency between rocker arms when  you check ratio is described
as vague. ted
--
Ted Schumacher
TS Imported Automotive