Re: TR6 Difficult shifting

To: richard bacon <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 Difficult shifting
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 21:00:08 -0500
Cc: triumphsautoxteamnet <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
richard bacon wrote:

> I have the same problem with my TR6: after a while, it just wont shift.
> I have to shut down the engine to put in reverse, then restart while I
> hold the clutch pedal... I rebuilt both cylinders but the master's bore
> was pitted, I'm afraid that is the source of the problem.
>
> rick

Suggestion for a process that we have used in the past to see if the
clutch is really diengaging:

Engine off, put it in gear, one person incar with clutch pedal to floor,
second person try to push the car -- variations can be used with wheels
off the ground. If the car can't be pushed, the clutch is not
disengaging and you have a problem of slave cylinder stroke, caused by
the master cylinder, slave cylinder, linkage, or, heaven forbid,
throwout bearing.

Good luck.
--
uncle jack