RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change again in the Spring?

To: "'TR Liste'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'glite'" <glite@eos.net>
Subject: RE: Winter Storage / Oil Change again in the Spring?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:12:20 +0100
Cc: "'Steinbeck Michael'" <Michael.Steinbeck@start.de>
IT doesn't have a sell by date but it is in a sealed canister as well and
its not exposed to/in your (internally, no offence intended) dirty engine.
If you (as with all oils, even your olive and sunflower kitchen oils) expose
oil to air the oil will oxidize and the chains will be boken up. Due to that
the lubricating quality of your oil gets worse. Same, just slightly
different  <grin> goes for your additives. Plus as with the additives, they
will disolve the sludge over the winter/storage time and will be loaded with
that crap. Should you run the engine now for a longer period, your filter
will quickly soot up.

Gernot