TR3 O/D switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 O/D switch
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:28:49 -0400
Greetings all,

After looking at my brand new Moss Interior kit in it's shipping box all
summer, I finally decided it was time for action. Boy, have I been having fun!

My TR3B came with 5 or 6 of extra holes in the dash, so when I stumbled on
a perfect dash with no extra holes at Carlisle this summer for $20, I
snapped it up.

I covered it with the leather piece supplied with the Moss kit, it came out
pretty nice, if I say so myself... Too bad the TRA manual says it is
supposed to be vinyl! Anyway, I bought the correct O/D switch for my car,
one of those big, bulbous things.

The hole in my dash for the O/D switch has a keyway that orients the
switch. The switch has the corresponding notch, so it can only be fitted
one way. So far so good.

The problem is the switch has printing on it that says "OVERDRIVE".
(duh...) With the switch installed as it is supposed to be, the printing
faces away from the driver, towards the cockpit capping. Now, while this is
no big deal, I could ream out the keyway and flip the switch easily enough,
I was was just wondering if this is the way the cars came, or if the
switches came with the printing on the other side, or if the switches were
flipped over like I plan to...

If this were a right hand drive car, the printing would be right where it
was supposed to be!

Henry "why won't Nail Polish Remover get the glue off my hands?" Frye
TR3B with a soon to be great interior, and fish-eyed red-orange exterior
The '250's, jealously awaiting the attention they deserve!