TR3 smoking solved! Thanks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 smoking solved! Thanks
From: LASSWELL56@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 01:28:00 EDT
Thanks, Ken, Trevor, et al in your response to my questions.  Yesterday I went
through some basic tuning proceedures to eliminate such posibilities and,
while checking the distributer point gap, found that the plate was able to
turn freely!  It seems that the return spring that appears to be associated
with the vacuum advance had slipped off its post.  The plugs were also quite
carbon-fouled, probably from idling too much while checking things out,
because they appeared to be running clean after a good run up the road.  Seems
a tad rich at idle.  None the less, she'll run right up through the rpm
without producing the noise or the smoke!  Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.
---Stu Lasswell, AZ USA