Re: Heat Shield

To: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Subject: Re: Heat Shield
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:19:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob Jones wrote:

> While at TRF's Summer Party this year I noticed that Nick Hanges had
> installed a heat shield between his SU's and headers on his very nice
> autocross TR6.  He told me it was off a big healey.  In checking around
> I find that the Healey suppliers have several heat shields, depending on
> the model of the car.  Do any of you know which big Healeys had HS6s.
> That is what is on my TR6 and I believe the shield will help.

Bob,

Don't know what is on the big Healeys, but I have had a heat shield on
my 74 TR6 for for over 20 years. The heat shield works great, my car has
Strombergs. Someone in my club made a template, got a quote from a sheet
metal shop, and then took orders. It is formed from sheet aluminum, bent
and folded just right, with cutouts to clear the linkage and holes
drilled in appropriate locations. Definitely worth the effort.

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL