Re: Wire Wheels

To: Kiitsg@aol.com
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 13:26:25 -0400 ()
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 Kiitsg@aol.com wrote:

> I am thinking of adding wire wheels to my 1969 TR6, but I want to make it look
> authentic if I do.  Were the original wheels for the 69 painted or chrome.

Yes. ;-) Those more knowledgeable in TR6s will correct me if I'm wrong,
but all earlier TRs were available with wire wheels in dull or bright
"lacquer" finish as well as in dull or bright chrome plated finish. I'd
guess at least the earlier TR6 catalog offered the same range of choice.

> Either way, the decision will be easy, but if the originals were painted why
> chrome other than good looks?

I think that's about the only justification! Anyone else?

--Andy