Re: TR6 Overdrive question

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 Overdrive question
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:10:29 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tony,

Gee, I don't think the O/D gearbox will fit your car, so I will be glad
to take it off your hands! ;-)

Actually, I think it will fit just fine. In fact (correct me if I'm
wrong list, I know the 4 pretty well, not the 6) I don't think you need
to shorten the prop shaft, either. The mainshaft in the gearbox is the
primary difference between the two (O/D & non-O/D drivetrains), besides
the O/D itself, which essentially replaces the extension on the rear of
the gearbox.

I've noticed many of the vendors no longer list the O/D gearbox
mainshaft. Are these getting difficult to find? If so, you may want to
swap out the gearbox O/D combo complete. Unless, of course, you decide
it is entirely too much work and make me a really good deal on it. ;-)

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 #CT17602 (sadly, non-O/D)

--