TR6 Overdrive question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Overdrive question
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:11:51 -0400
Folks,

After a couple of really pleasurable weeks under my belt, I'm at the stage
of wanting to reduce the RPM pulled on our local US interstate to something
my ears and eyes can cope with - 4000rpm just looks high!  I've found a
local TR4 that is complete (although totally rusted thro'), with an
overdrive gearbox that I can obtain at a very reasonable cost ... can
anyone tell me whether I can add the '4 O/D to a 72 TR6 box?  I know from
the FAQs and previous emails that the prop shaft will need to be shortened
if an O/D is added, but beyond that I'm at a loss.

On the TR4 front, if anyone in mid-MI is interested in bits, please email
me directly and I'll see what the owner will do (he's not a Triumph fan,
nor does he have email, but he does have a complete but sad BRG '4 ...).

Tony Gordon

'72 TR6 CC79849U