TR4 teething troubles

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 teething troubles
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 20:05:07 -0700 (PDT)
As can be expected, a few glitches showed up today during prelimenary
testing of my TR4 (I will try a long drive tomorrow with a chase car to
pick up errant parts)

Few things I've noticed:

-pops on the over-run.  Exhaust leak, distributor, or carbs?  (hopefully
not carbs, I like to leave 'em alone)  How can I tell?

-Headlights need aiming REAL BAD.  I will get busy tomorrow and fix them
as I intend to drive at night sometimes.

-Shakes a bit a high speeds.  Not 50 mph like it used to, more like 65 or
70.  Perhaps I just shouldn't go that fast.

-Ign. light seems to be glowing (very very faintly) when lights are on at
night.  Is this a sign of leakage/ bad connection, or is it ambient light
coming on from elswhere bleeding thru the lens?  (Maybe I will wrap the
lens with tin foil to determine this)

-Car is LOTS OF FUN to drive.  Now I know why I worked so hard fixing it.
Altho my kidneys may never forgive me...

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm