Re: TR4 oil pressure

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 oil pressure
From: EHamer@vhsinc.com
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:47:39 -0800
> >From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>

I had the same thing happening with my TR4.  The oil pressure would drop
about 15 psi at about 3,000 rpm.  It was caused by a worn oil pressure
relief spring.  Apparently the spring coils become detempered with
age/heat.  The pressure should be set to 70 psi at 2,000 rpm when the
engine is fully warmed from driving.  The spring is available from TRF
and Moss and is only a couple of dollars and can be installed in about
five minutes.

John Hamer