Re: 2.0 to 2.5 to 2.7 liter

To: "Scott Decker" <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 2.0 to 2.5 to 2.7 liter
From: Maurice Dykes <mhdykes@thinkage.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:57:58 -0500
At 10:11 AM 11/20/98 , Scott Decker wrote:

>six to 2.7 liters.  Operating on the theory of 'more displacement=more
>grunt' and throwing originality out the window (sorry), is it insane
>think about putting a 2.7 liter in the GT6?

>If not, then would I be better served by boring/stroking the existing
2.0
>or just buying a TR6 block?

The TR6 and GT6 have the same bore so that is not a factor, but
different crankshafts. You will have to look at how the 2.7 is
achieved; bore or stroke changes and which crankshaft does the donor
engine require.

I wonder if this is potentially a rough running engine? My 2.5L Porsche
944 has a counter rotating balance shaft to overcome vibration. The 2.7
certainly will not be red lining at 6800RPM :-)

-Maurice
GT6 2.5 and loving it!