Triumph Suppliers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Suppliers
From: Bob Jones <Jones_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 22:12:07 -0600
Good evening all:
Today I received my Winter 1998 copy of Moss Motoring.  First I want to
thank Moss for sending me at their expense a nice 31 page magazine and
sales brochure. I am glad they do this.  On page three they noted they
are coming to the end of their Golden Anniversary year and "saleswise
it's no state secret that we've had our best year ever,"  I know that
many of you also have by now received this well produced journal.  After
going through the remainder of the colourful pages I am quickly reminded
again:  These folks ain't Triumph folks!  Oh yes, I noted the odd photo
here and there of a Triumph, usually in the background.  Articles about
Morris Minors but not Triumphs, except for an excerpt from a Paul
Richardson story from Triumph Over Triumph, and tech articles about MG
with one little bit devoted to Triumphs.  Even the ads only mention
Triumphs as an afterthought, guess which make is featured?
Just a couple of days ago I received The Roadster Factory's Christmas
Sale Catalogue.  What a contrast!  Oh I know, none of the meaty articles
about MG's, just a heartfelt message from Charles and many Triumph parts
featured.  But check out the cover:  If you have been to the Summer
Party then you can relate, what a scene.  O.K. Bob you say, what's the
point?  The point is that to many of us our Triumphs are something
special in our lives. These folks who help keep our cars running and
original are more than just merchants to us, they are our friends and
essential to this important facet of our lives. And frankly some are
just better friends than others, they put their living on the line to
keep us running.  So with Thanksgiving coming soon I would like to say
thanks to Charles, John, Dave, Bud and all my friends at TRF.  To the
folks at Moss I say thanks also, but it just isn't the same.  To all on
the list thanks also for the past year of sharing your experiences and
knowledge.
Bob