Re: The real McCoy

To: TRHPK7195@aol.com
Subject: Re: The real McCoy
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:38:32 -0500 (EST)
Cc: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 13 Dec 1998 TRHPK7195@aol.com wrote:

> JON MAC  I have a lapel pin about 1/2 inch in dia. green background withthe
> words " TRIUMPH SPORTS OWNERS ASSOCIATION " around the edge in the center  are
> the words TRIUMPH across the world  and a wreath around the world. . Do you
> have any background information on this pin . TIA   HAROLD

I can help with that one. The pin you describe was the latest (last)
version of the TSOA emblem in the late 1970s and early 1980s. At the end
of 1981, TSOA's U.S. branch was absorbed into The Vintage Triumph
Register. I seem to remember VTR obtaining supplies of these pins and
car badges at that time; I bought a couple of each. My suspicion is that
these badges now are rather more scarce than the older styles -- either
blue/white or black/red shield -- of badge.

--Andy